Join the Pagdin Health Team
Pagdin Health- Do you have experience as a Clinical Research Coordinator? Do you want to work as a nurse without shift work? If yes, we are looking for you!
Pagdin Health recently embarked on the first of its kind, Health Canada Approved, clinical research project using stem cells in the treatment of osteoarthritis. With this exciting new research project and another one in the works we have a need for an experienced Clinical Research Coordinator/Nurse.
This is the perfect combination role for an experienced Clinical Research Coordinator, who is a registered nurse that enjoys the hands-on responsibilities of patient care and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities – Coordinator
- Conducts all study related activities in accordance with the study protocol, regulatory requirements, standard operating procedures, ethical requirements, and Good Clinical Practice Standards.
- Recruitment and enrollment of participants into the clinical research project in accordance with the inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- Conducts the informed consent process, ensuring the process follows all policies and guidelines.
- Assess and screen participants for enrollment into the clinical research project.
- Liaises with Health Canada, Review Ethics Board, and other regulatory bodies.
- Prepares and submits various research documents (serious adverse events, study updates, research ethics documents, amendments, data analysis).
- Ensures the rights and safety of the participants are protected as per GCP, ethical requirements and regulations.
- Participation in internal and external audits.
- Data collection and entry.
- Proficiency with Electronic Medical Records System, Electronic Data Capturing System and MS Office (particularly Word, Sharepoint, Outlook).
Duties and Responsibilities – Nurse
- Works alongside the Qualified Investigator/Lead Physician.
- Fosters strong and positive relationships with the study participants.
- Identify patient care requirements and maintain patient confidence.
- Conduct consultation calls, prescreening call and follow up calls.
- Complete medical screens and patient assessments.
- Administer patient/participant questionnaires.
- Review lab and diagnostic imaging reports.
- Blood draws (we are willing to provide training in this area).
- Set up surgical equipment with sterile technique.
- Surgical assisting (we are willing to provide specific training in this area).
- Maintain equipment and sterilize instruments.
- Maintain adequate study supplies.
- Patient education.
- BLS and ACLS Certification.
- Physically able to carry out the duties of the position.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP), with a minimum of 2-3 years of nursing experience in either a hospital or clinic.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Clinical Research Coordinator.
- Completion of Health Canada Division 5, ICH E6 (R2) Good Clinical Practice, Tri- Council Policy Statement 2: Ethical Conduct of Research Involving Humans, CITI Privacy, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, WHMIS, GMP Cleaning and Sanitization, GMP Documentation and Record Keeping (we can assist with this training).
- Understanding of the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to perform work with accuracy and consistent attention to detail.
Pagdin Health offers a friendly and welcoming work environment. We describe our team as “our work family” and genuinely enjoy working together. We offer an extended health benefits package, generous discount on services and products and an ongoing commitment to skill development and training. We take pride in ensuring our patients and clients receive a concierge level of care.
The wage is negotiable and based on experience. The position is 30-40 hours per week (Monday- Friday with 1 Saturday per month).
Prior to applying for this position please visit our website www.pagdinhealth.com to view the range of services we offer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for this position please contact us at email@example.com.
Do you have any questions?
We're here to partner with you in wellness and prevention.